Monday, March 05, 2007

A Drop of Relieveness

Can you imagine me working from 8 to 5? well of course you can. it's like a daily routine from 8 AM to 5 PM. well guess again. I'm talking about 8 AM to 5 AM. yep, you heard (or should I say read) right. it's actually already passed a few days behind, but since I'm in the mood for some sharing, I wanna tell it all of you.

First of all, you all faithful readers must already know that I'm doing the codes for XNA Gaming Competition. and about a week ago, Kukuh told me about the warm-up contest in which we must use the already coded Space War Kit from the XNA SDK and we must enhance it to become a better and more playable game. (better is a must, playable not really ^^) so I spent almost a week in front of my PC, working and trying to solve how to use the 3D engine and since I'm used to 2D programming, it's kinda hard for me. hopefully I'll manage soon enough.

Moving on, since I'm doing it alone (all the other guys got their own matters to attend) it took me almost 2 to 3 days just to understand the flow of the codes. so after I finished understanding (a bit) of the codes, I started to fiddle with it. changing the 3D objects, re-code some codes (doh..), blah blah et cetera et cetera.. you know the drill. it went for about 3 more days.

The final showdown was when the game must be submitted in the next morning. I spent the night alone (not entirely alone though, thanks to my hunny *mwah*) at the office doing the codes while the other boys were snoring upstairs. finally my consciousness gave up and I went to bed at around 5.30 AM. since the game is not entirely finished, I woke up again at 8 AM, took a bath and started coding again. at that time, all the other boys helped me out the way they can.

Well, just like Yohanes Surya said, "Mestakung!" finally I was able to finish the game (although maybe not really on time) and submit the game to the XNA website. after that, I was like totally fell into deep slumber and by the time I woke up, it's already 8 PM. *w00t* after that I took a break eating and calling my hunny and after that I'm back to sleeping.

Well, until now I'm still waiting for the decision about the warm-up contest winner. while on that, I'm now going through a tutorial on the internet about 3D gaming engine. hopefully it'll enlight me more. until then, I'll be doing some more research and coding so if you'll excuse me, I'll be on my way to more hours of confusion and excitement.

Adios for now then.

No comments: